Mark E. Grubb, DDS
Meet Dr. Grubb
Mark E. Grubb, D.D.S., a West Virginia native, entered into private practice in Bangor, ME as a partner at Northeast Oral Surgery in 1990. Dr. Grubb and Dr. Deighan built a successful and compassionate practice together. Dr. Grubb became the sole proprietor of Northeast Oral Surgery after Dr. Deighan’s retirement in 2019. He enjoys a busy schedule as one of only two practicing oral surgeons in Bangor.
Mark E. Grubb, D.D.S., was born in Wheeling, West Virginia. He attended college in Morgantown, West Virginia at West Virginia University (WVU) and following graduation he attended WVU, School of Dentistry. After earning his D.D.S. degree, Dr. Grubb completed a General Practice Residency at Cleveland Veterans Administration Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. Additionally, he completed a second year of General Practice Residency with emphasis on dental oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center at the Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York. Dr. Grubb completed oral and maxillofacial residency at Westchester County Medical Center in Valholla, NY in 1990. Soon after, he moved to Maine and began practicing at Northeast Oral Surgery. He enjoys practicing the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery as a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
Dr. Grubb also has many interests outside of oral surgery. He and his wife Susan have two daughters, Victoria and Lauren. Victoria and her husband Woodrow have blessed the Grubb’s with two beautiful grandchildren who provide countless hours of enjoyment! His wife Susan and daughter Victoria are both RNs at the practice and his daughter Lauren is the office digital media coordinator. He especially enjoys his time with his family at the lake boating and surfing. Some of his other interests are: golf, tennis, skiing, hiking and snowmobiling.
- American Dental Association
- Maine Dental Association (Served on the Anesthesia Committee)
- Penobscot Valley Dental Society (Served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President and President
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Fellow
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- ITI International Team for Implantology
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Delta Sigma Delta
- West Virginia University School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- Currently maintains surgical privileges at St. Joseph Hospital, in Bangor, Maine and Maine Coast Memorial in Ellsworth, Maine
- Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 1991 and re-certified in 2004 and 2014